I’m back with another makeup review and today I’m reviewing Estée Lauder’s new addition: Kendall Jenner’s Restless lipstick.
So, I had seen this lipstick on other beauty bloggers and I thought it looked great and I was really looking forward to getting it and was so happy when it arrived earlier on this week. But after it arrived and I tried it out, I had to go on a bit of a journey with this lipstick before I could confidently write my review on it. Thus the further hold off on publishing this post. I’m a perfectionist, sorry. :3
Before I did my review, I wanted to know what other people made of the wear of this lipstick and to be honest, I haven’t come across many informative reviews and it makes me think that’s because no one really wants to say what they actually feel about this lipstick.
Let me first begin with the bad points and then move on to the good because I don’t want to end this post too negatively.
- It’s very drying. I naturally have dry lips, even in the summer but thanks to my awesome lip balm, they haven’t been doing too badly lately but this lipstick dries my lips so much. I could find quite a few drugstore matte lipsticks that would have a moisturising effect on my lips, so to pay £25 for this is really disappointing.
- It doesn’t have long wear. After a little bit of experimental lipstick tricks, I found a great natural colour from applying this lipstick. The photo of this is above. Because of that I felt like it was going to last all day, like I needed it to. I felt great when I first put that lipstick on but, after about 3 hours, one small meal and some water later, the lipstick was just about holding on. I had to retouch it and 2 hours later after just drinking some more water, it was gone! No joke. And I think the fact that it was so drying contributed to that.
- This lipstick has a real nice colour. When I first applied it, it looked orange, which I must admit was not what I was expecting because I’d seen on other beauty bloggers how it looked like a bright red. However, with my all my lipstick tricks, I found I could change the undertone of the lipstick to be more on the pinkish side if I wanted and closer to the bright red I had expected if I wanted to too.
- It has a very rich colour. The colour is very stubborn too. If you put on dark lip liner and then put this lipstick on top, chances are, there isn’t going to be much of a difference because this colour applies very strongly, as you can see in my swatch photo.
- The packaging is great. Some might not like it but I really like the combination of matte blue and shiny gold along with Kendall’s signature on the top. Not only that but the lipstick is magnetic so there’s really no chance of the lid falling off and going somewhere because it’s magnetised to stay together.
- You’ve probably heard this elsewhere that it smells so nice. It’s like vanilla ice cream or cake.
But that’s all the good I can say about it; it looks nice.
Overall, to be frank, what I want from a lipstick, I paid £25 for and expected a lot from is not for it to just look nice at first and smell nice; I want it to last for hours and at best keep its vibrant colour that it first had because so many other lipsticks do that for a lesser price. Ultimately, this purchase that I wanted to bad because it looked great really feels like a waste of money.
Leave a comment to tell me what you thought of this post!
And for more beauty reviews and skin care tips be sure to FOLLOW ME here and on my social networks!